Friday, October 7, 2011

Here we are!

I broke down like a sap and got a blog. I am a jobless bum for the remainder of my pregnancy and figured I might as well keep myself sane and write out a few of my never ending thoughts. Cheaper than a therapist eh? I have pregnancy brain baaaaaad. I swear I do the weirdest crap. Something will pop into my head and I will have to get on and Google it. Like last week for example. I had to look up the scariest places on earth in Iowa along with some celebrity that had a double set of eyelashes. WHYYYYY? It's not like I legitimately care. I just have to do it. Weirdo. If someone could just follow me around and see the things I do by myself, I think I would get my own show because I'm the strangest chick possibly ever.

For starters, I'm going to go ahead and say this. On a list of things woman should share with each other: HOW FREAKING TOUGH IT IS TO BE PREGNANT should be #1 "Hi, My names Ashley and being pregnant blows.".. I guess I'll be the first to say it proudly. Don't get me wrong, the excitement about meeting my little mini-me more than makes up for all this torture, but I'm not going to pretend to enjoy myself. Although I could have it sooo much worse. I'm actually rather lucky... I don't have to work for the next several months, I'm not high risk, I have a lot of support from my family and the list goes on. But jeeze louise what I would give to be able to put on some heals and skinny jeans again. I'm afraid someone would call animal patrol stating there's a large animal that escaped. SUCK IT UP, YA BABY.
Another thing I like to do to pass the time and boost my self esteem, is look at old pictures of myself when I was small and tan and had a life :) In a strange way it does make me feel better. I know no matter how good I looked then, I was still pretty miserable and lost. Now... I'm large and in charge, have the worst complexion ever that nothing can fix, and I'm pasty.. but I found my purpose.. I know that in less than 18 weeks I'll be the happiest I've been in my whole life because I will have my little man to love forever..This will all be worth it. To prove I didn't always look like this I will post some favorites of mine
Oh to be 18 and 120 pounds.... bleh.bring on the cheeseburgers.


So, after many horrid name combos my pregnant mind came up with... I am happy to announce...it was confirmed today. Jace Maddox Wyckoff<3  I belong to a Baby Club online with a lot of different message boards, and one is Baby Names. I have been frequenting that lately and today came across a post. It made up my mind. This Mama stated the obvious but it finally hit me: someday our children are going to have to learn to spell these names, friends and teachers are going to have to try and pronounce these names, at job interviews it will be that awkward moment when he shakes hands with the boss and they completely slaughters his name etc. SO TRUE! Besides, I fell in love with the name Jace from the beginning. SO THERE! Sometimes I think people just mix a bunch of letters together and try to be the first one to pick out a name. "Lobtraxky! Yep, bet no one has that name bitches." uhhh, I wonder why? Anyways. If I accomplish nothing else today. I named my babe. Satisfaction. :)

COMING SOON: large marge belly photos, more ranting and raving, and my adventures in growing up, THEN THE GRAND PREMIERE OF JACEY BOY!!!!! Feb, 6 2012... Or a few days before wouldn't hurt ;)